Wondering how to factory reset oculus quest 2? Factory Resetting comes to mind after a couple of malfunctioning gaming sessions on your Oculus Quest 2, as it happens to most electronics. Encountering adversity on your Oculus Quest 2 often results in glitches. Most of the time, a factory reset will fix it. But what happens when you factory reset your Oculus Quest 2? You will lose all of your data, and it will be as good as new.
Why to Factory reset oculus quest 2?
Before we dive into how to factory reset oculus quest 2, let’s go over some of the reasons why people normally factory reset their oculus quest 2.
There are several reasons why someone may want to factory reset their Oculus Quest 2, including:
- Selling or giving away the device: If you are selling or giving away your Oculus Quest 2, you may want to factory reset it to ensure that all of your personal information, settings, and data are removed from the device.
- Resolving technical issues: If you are experiencing technical issues with your Oculus Quest 2, such as freezing, crashing, or other glitches, a factory reset may help to resolve the issue. This can help to clear any corrupt data or settings that may be causing the problem.
- Starting fresh: If you want to start over with your Oculus Quest 2, a factory reset can be a good way to do so. This will erase all of your apps, data, and settings, allowing you to set up the device as if it were brand new.
- Another reason to perform a factory reset could be that the owner no longer needs it. This is when the owner intends on selling it or giving it to someone who needs it. No one wants their data to be used by someone else. Meanwhile, the new user wants their Oculus to feel it’s theirs.
Maybe the problem you are facing should be solved in some other way. And if that’s the case, I recommend you to read these troubleshoots:
Why Is My VR So Laggy – 12 Causes And Solutions
How To Fix: Oculus Quest Air Link Lag And Stutter
How To Troubleshoot Meta Quest 2 Not Pairing Issues With Phone
Oculus Quest 2 No Command-SOLVED!
Now let’s get into the details on how to factory reset Oculus Quest 2, shall we?
What happens when you factory reset oculus quest 2?
If I factory reset my Oculus Quest 2, will I lose my games? Yes, factory resetting the Oculus Quest 2 means your gaming data and saves, your saved shots, recorded videos, and live sessions, as well as your account details, will be lost. Nevertheless, this won’t be a problem if you have already linked your online account to your Oculus. Active synchronization is very significant for this reason.
When you factory reset your Oculus Quest 2, all data, settings, and apps on the device are erased, and it is restored to its original factory settings. This means that any accounts, personal information, game data, and apps that you have installed on the device will be permanently deleted.
After the factory reset is complete, your Oculus Quest 2 will be like it was when you first took it out of the box. You will need to set it up again, including logging in with your Oculus account, setting up the Guardian system, and downloading any apps that you want to use.
How to backup your Oculus Quest 2?
It’s important to note that a factory reset cannot be undone, and any data that was not backed up before the reset will be lost permanently. So, make sure to backup any important data before proceeding with the factory reset process.
For those of you who haven’t done that for some reason, a USB-C cable is the easiest way of transferring your data to a computer where you can store it. As soon as you put on the headset, you’ll be asked to approve computer data access. File Explorer will show the Quest 2 as a drive after you’ve given it the go-ahead. You may then select a place of your choosing from where you can create backups.
Or, you can read my complete article on the best cable links for oculus quest 2
But before performing a factory reset, see if a reboot fixes things instead.
Resetting your Oculus Quest 2
Now moving towards the question, how to factory reset Oculus Quest 2?
Here are the steps to perform a factory reset Oculus Quest 2 in 2 different ways:
1. With the Headset
While holding the off switch and volume down keys, go to the USB Update Mode menu and choose “Factory Reset.”
- Turn on your Quest or Quest 2 by holding down the power and volume-down keys.
- Select Factory reset by pressing the power button after pushing the volume button.
- Then hit the power button to begin the factory reset by pressing the volume button to choose Ok, wipe, and factory reset.
2. With the App
One way you can perform a factory reset on your Oculus is with the Oculus mobile app. You must install it on your Android or iPhone and log in or register. Once that’s complete, Quest 2 becomes a registered device in the app. Only then can you perform a factory reset. It’s pretty opportune for everyone. Keeping this in mind, it won’t be a solution if your headset is acting up and not responding.
- Open the App, then go to the Devices options.
- Pick the Oculus Quest in the options
- Select the Advanced settings
- Then click on Factory Reset
How to factory reset oculus quest 2 without app
To reset Oculus Quest 2 without using the app, go to the device’s Settings menu, select the “Device” tab, then select “Factory Reset.” Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset process. Note that this will erase all data, settings, and apps on your Oculus Quest 2, so make sure to back up any important data before proceeding with the reset.
Will factory resetting my Oculus Quest 2 delete all of my data?
Yes, factory resetting your Oculus Quest 2 will erase all of your data, including apps, settings, and personal information.
Can I back up my data before factory resetting my Oculus Quest 2?
Yes, you can back up your data before factory resetting your Oculus Quest 2. To do this, go to Settings > Device > Backup & Reset, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Why would I want to factory reset my Oculus Quest 2?
You may want to factory reset your Oculus Quest 2 if you are selling or giving away the device, experiencing technical issues, or want to start fresh with the device.
How long does it take to factory reset an Oculus Quest 2?
The factory reset process for Oculus Quest 2 usually takes around 10-15 minutes.
Extra Posts On Quest 2
8 Best Xbox compatible VR Headsets – Detailed guide
Top 17 Best History Games on VR – Detailed List
VR Headsets With Eyetracking – Top 10 Best VR
Top 15 Best VR Simulation Games You Need To Try
What Are Oculus ABD Drivers And How To Install Them?