Are you looking for VR headsets that work with Steam? If yes then you’ve come to the right place. There are over 2 dozen VR Headsets that work with Steam. This means that you have a lot of options to choose from when diving into the world of virtual reality games.
To let your VR headset work with Steam you’ll need to download the SteamVR app. VR headsets allow you to play Steam games specifically made for virtual reality, such as “Beat Saber,” as well as older games modded to support it, like “The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR.”
The gaming landscape has radically transformed thanks to virtual reality. Games can now be enjoyed in whole new ways. With the various different VR headsets available, you may completely personalize your VR experience.
You may easily configure your VR headset to function with Steam if you have a strong PC and can play any VR game available. While not all VR headsets are compatible with Steam, some of the most well-known brands are. Here is a list of every VR system compatible with Steam.
vr headsets that work with steam
Over 17 VR headsets are compatible with Steam. The bulk of these headsets are Windows Mixed Reality headsets.
- Valve Index: Valve’s own VR headset, with high-resolution displays, comfortable ergonomics, and great tracking.
- Oculus Quest 2: A standalone VR headset with wireless capabilities, but can also be connected to a PC with a link cable.
- HTC Vive Cosmos: A high-end VR headset with inside-out tracking and a modular faceplate that allows for customization.
- Samsung Odyssey+: A Windows Mixed Reality headset with wihigh-resolutionion displays and integrated AKG headphones.
- Pimax 8KX: A premium VR headset with incredibly high-resolution displays and a wide field of view.
- SUPERWIDE FOV – 200° Diagonal FOV is the closest to human vision of any commercially available product. No more…
- VR RESOLUTION REDEFINED – Dual Custom Low Persistence Liquid Crystal Panels each with a stunning total resolution…
- PC VR GAMERS’ PARTNER – E-sports gaming displays, boosts up to 180Hz High refresh rate. The Vision 5K Super VR…
- STRONG COMPATIBILITY – Thanks to Pimax Compatibility Technology, the Pimax 5K Super VR Headset supports most of the…
- MORE COMFORTABLE – New ergonomic design with Comfort Enhancements and a new material with a special damage…
- HP Reverb G2: A Windows Mixed Reality headset with high-resolution displays and great audio quality.
- Oculus Rift S: A PC-based VR headset with inside-out tracking and comfortable ergonomics.
- Sony PlayStation VR: A VR headset designed for use with the PlayStation 4 console.
- Acer Windows Mixed Reality Headset: A budget-friendly VR headset with easy setup and high-resolution displays
- Lenovo Explorer: Another budget-friendly VR headset with Windows Mixed Reality and a lightweight design.
- ASUS Windows Mixed Reality Headset: A stylish VR headset with built-in cameras for inside-out tracking.
- Dell Visor: A VR headset with Windows Mixed Reality and a comfortable, easy-to-adjust headband.
- Oculus Go: A standalone VR headset with no PC required and built-in audio.
- HP Windows Mixed Reality Headset: A VR headset with high-resolution displays and a simple, easy-to-use design.
- Samsung Gear VR: A VR headset designed for use with Samsung smartphones.
- Google Daydream View: A VR headset designed for use with Android smartphones.
- LG 360 VR: A VR headset designed for use with LG smartphones.
These are just some of the VR headsets that work with Steam. Each has its own unique features and advantages, so it’s important to research and compare before making a decision on which one to purchase.
How to use VR headsets that work with Steam
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use VR on Steam:
Step 1: First, make sure you have a compatible VR headset that works with Steam. You can check the list of compatible headsets on the Steam website or from the manufacturer’s website.
Step 2: Install Steam on your computer and log in to your account. If you don’t have a Steam account, create one for free.
Step 3: Once you’re logged in, make sure your VR headset is properly connected to your computer. You may need to install any necessary drivers or software that come with your headset.
Step 4: Launch Steam and click on the “VR” icon located on the upper-right corner of the window. This will launch SteamVR, which is the platform for playing VR games and applications on Steam.
Step 5: Put on your VR headset and ensure that it’s properly adjusted and fitted on your head. You should be able to see the SteamVR interface inside your headset.
Step 6: Use your VR controllers to navigate through the SteamVR menu and select the game or application you want to play. You can also use your computer’s keyboard and mouse if the game or application supports it.
Step 7: Once you’ve selected a game or application, click on “Play in VR” to start the game. You’ll be transported into a virtual world and you can now use your VR controllers to interact with the game or application.
Step 8: When you’re done playing, simply take off your VR headset and exit the game or application. You can also exit SteamVR by clicking on the “Exit VR” button located on the bottom-right corner of the SteamVR menu.
That’s it! Using VR on Steam is a fun and immersive way to play games and experience virtual worlds. Just remember to take breaks and stay aware of your surroundings while using VR, as it can sometimes be disorienting.